A Day and A Half in Rome


This weekend was my dad's 50th birthday, and considering the fact that he and all of his side of the family is Italian, it seemed fitting to throw him a surprise party in Rome. And, it was a huge success, but don't want to bore you with the details (unless you want a really nice party venue in Rome, then I know just the place)



Anyways, I spent a day and a half in Rome, and this is what I got up to. On Friday afternoon we took a flight from London and had a family dinner at home for dad's birthday. Saturday morning I was determined to see this exhibition I had been dying to see called 'LOVE', here in Rome, and I'm so glad I got a chance to see it. 'LOVE' was basically a mix of 4/5 contemporary artists and a few of their works. It was a very interactive exhibition and you could take pictures of everything which makes me very happy of course. My favourite part, by miles, was Yayoi Kusama's 'For My Love of Pumpkins' which was basically a mirrored room with acrylic pumpkins that glowed. There was something really interesting about mixing the idea of an endless mirror room and something so abnormal as decorated pumpkin lights. It was also nice because you go into the room alone, no distractions, no one trying to get a picture from the same angle as you, just you, mirrors and pumpkins. 











Here I'm wearing my newly purchased but much adored coulouttes from Zara, this strappy top from Brandy Melville and of course, my trusty Stan Smiths (which I wear absolutely everywhere.) And I didn't want to point this out but oh well, I'm also wearing my grandma's sunglasses because I thought they went well with the outfit, and in my opinion they're pretty snazz.




Then I attempted to do a little shopping but due to my dad's Scrooge like ways, I only got two things, but I'm pretty happy with them; two face masks from Sephora. (Although I'm the kind of person who never uses 'special' things and then finds them 2 years later gone off in the back of the cupboard, so who knows if I'm actually going to use them)  

The rest of the day was spent looking up at the sky and appreciating Roman architecture, until the night when we went to dad's party. After the party we took a very very early flight back to London, even though it was delayed 3 hours!!  (Only bad thing about this trip)

So yeah, that was my weekend! How was yours? I'd love to hear all about it! 
Xx Sofia 



8 comments

  1. Ah, I've always wanted to visit Rome. It looks so beautiful! xo
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Raquel! Yes it's so stunning!
      Xxx

      Delete
  2. this is such a lovely post, the exhibition seemed amazing!! I love contemporary photography and i love your fashion style too!! hope your dad had a lovely birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you had a lovely "day and a half" out in Rome. The artists' work look so cool! I really want to see it now!

    PS: Hope you Dad had a lovely birthday!😊

    #sweetreats xxx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it was lovely!! Ahhh Yayoi Kasuma is everything !!!!! <3
      Xx

      Delete
  4. That is so cool! I am going Rome this Friday for the weekend and am sooooo excited, do you recommend any places in Rome?

    Ambra x
    Fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ambra! Yesss so there's a really good Italian version of planet organic called Esco Sazio, definitely the LOVE exhibition (the queue is def def worth it!), buy Pan di Stelle biscuits and you will not regret it, and lastly pretend to be Italian when you go into shops as shopkeepers charge 'tourists' more ! Hope this helps ;)
      Xxx

      Delete