Book Loves

happy sunday :)

Recently I realised that I don't read much, which is annoying because  I used to love reading but I guess I got sucked into a black hole of wifi and social media. But I have realised that I do have a few favourites that I've been loving lately as I try to read more (to be honest only one of these is actually a reading book but technically a book is anything with pages and words) 



The Beginners Photography Guide : This book is absolutely amazing. Recently I've tried to develop my photography skills a lot more as I've realised it's something I really enjoy doing. This book is perfect, it has diagrams, examples, explanations about basically everything you could possibly do (as a beginner) with your digital camera. It has definitely helped me a lot so if you can get your hands on this, please do.

Emma Bridgewater Weekly To Do List Pad - I know, I know this isn't a book. But I've definitely been loving it. I don't usually like to do lists as I think they don't look particularly nice in my room, but this one has definitely changed my mind. It's a simple, clear design with navy stars and the paper is a lovely soft texture which makes it 10 times better. 



Paper Towns : Yes I watched the film before I read the book (gasp) but I was leaving for Argentina so I didn't have much of a choice. Even though I know the plot of the story, this book has turned out to be a lot better than the film, since it goes into clearer details and explains things better which makes the whole thing more enjoyable. After The Fault In Our Stars, Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns; John Green never ceases to please. Also Cara is on the front cover so win win.


I hope you enjoyed this post, do you have / love any of these things? 
x Sofia

27 comments

  1. I read the book paper towns I love it so much!
    Nice post :)xx

    beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it is really good, Cara was amazing in the film hehe :)
      Thank you Hannie, x sofia

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes go buy it !! Its so good, I'm sure you'll love it :)
      Xx Sofia

      Delete
  4. I wish I had more time to read too but I am a workaholic so whenever I have a spare moment, I am usually doing work rather than relaxing and reading a good book. It's my goal this autumn and winter though to set aside some real me-time to do some reading. Looks like a nice selection - a book to help you learn some new things and a book to read for pleasure.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae, Yes, that was what I was going for because I'm not the kind of person who can just commit to one book, so I tend to do that because if I read 2 pleasure books then all the plots begin to twist together. You should definitely consider some me time, I'm quite a workaholic as well (studyaholic more like) but its always good to set aside some time for yourself :)
      x Sofia

      Delete
  5. I want to read Paper Towns, seems a really good book!
    http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you definitely should :) its a pretty amazing read
      Xx Sofia

      Delete
  6. well done ! I try not to rush good books though, I tend to be very picky and If I rush them I'm like well that was a good book but what do I read now...?
    have fun x
    sofia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to read Paper Towns. It seems interesting♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Paper Towns! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it Ashley! I'm sure you'll like it :)
      Xx Sofia

      Delete
  9. Omg I loooooove Paper towns! I haven't seen the film yet though :)
    -Morgs
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should watch the film! Cara and Nat Wolf are amazing in it !!
      Xx sofia

      Delete
  10. I truly need to catch up on some reading. I'm so behind don't judge me. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'm not judging you! I totally understand :) I'm only just starting to catch up :)
      Xx Sofia

      Delete
  11. Hi dear! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would find very helpful a book about photography like the one suggested here. I was reading what you said about Paper Towns and I noticed that you wrote something about coming to Argentina, and guess what? I'm from Argentina! But I don't live in Buenos Aires, I live in Salta (in the north) so if you ever want to visit this city just let me know ;)
    Let's keep in touch dear!

    http://www.stylebydeb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Deb! This book I mentioned is so good :) (about Argentina) Thats so cool / weird at the same time! I am actually Argentine as well I just don't come here too often :) I asked my mum about Salta and my mum said its a beautiful and she would love to go!!
      Thanks for commenting :))
      xx Sofia

      Delete
  12. I nominated you for the Love/Hate tag! I hope that you'll consider doing it! You can find out more about it on my blog www.onemoregirlonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely give it a go when I get the chance.
      Xx Sofia

      Delete
  13. sofia, your blog is looking so amazing I love it <33333

    ReplyDelete